With support of the IncoNet EaP Project "STI International Cooperation Network for Eastern Partnership Countries" two day event organised by the International Relations Office of the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS) and Regional ?nnovative Technologies Academy (R.I.T.A.), took place in Baku on 1-2 July in Kempinski Badamdar hotel:
- Horizon 2020 Information Event: Climate Action, Energy, Health and Environment ; and
- A training event on proposal writing.
The 1st Day was devoted to participation in Horizon 2020: objectives and opportunities, applying for funding, validation of participants, new funding opportunities. More than 60 scientists and experts of scientific research institutes and organizations of Azerbaijan, whose activity area is connected to research, management and investments in the field of Health, Climate, Environment and Energy, as well as European partners from the Pasteur Institute, the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), Regional Center for Development Information and Science (RCISD-Hungary) and PLANET SA (Greece), participated in the event.
Based on specific thematic areas, speeches were given by:
- Dr.Tofig Babayev (FET& ICT NCP HORIZON2020 in Azerbaijan, the Regional Innovative Technologies Academy),
- Mr. David Itier (NCP Health, Institute Pasteur (France)),
- Ms. Katarzyna Sobótka-Demianowska, NCP Energy and Euratom-Fission, National contact point for Research programmes of the EU (Poland),
- Dr. Béla Kardon PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, (Regional Centre for Information and Scientific Development -RCISD),
- Mr.Rafail Koumeri, Ms.Leta Psalti (PLANET S.A., Greece),
- Prof.Fuad Mardanly (National centre of oncology of Azerbaijan),
- Prof. Islam Mustafayev (NCP for secure, clean and efficient energy, Institute of Radiation Problems of ANAS),
- Dr.Gulchohra (Assistant Professor, Qafqaz University, Azerbaijan),
- Arif mekhtiyev (Institute of Physiology/ANAS),
- Rovshan Kerimov (Institute of Geography/ANAS),
- Rovshan Abbasov (Director/Environmental Research Centre, Khazar university, Azerbaijan),
- Agil Veliyev (Scientific Research Institute on Human Rights/ANAS),
- Valeh Bakhshaliyev (Technical University, Azerbaijan).
The 2nd Day of the Event was organized with the support of EAST-HORIZON project - "Fostering Dialogue and Cooperation between the EU and EECA in the HORIZON 2020 perspective" and EECA-2-Horizon project "Bringing the EU-EECA cooperation and policy dialogue in ICT in the HORIZON 2020 era".
- Dr. Rafail Koumeri jointly with Ms.Nikoletta Psalti (Planet S.A.) presented the structure of HORIZON2020, ICT in HORIZON2020, new WorkProgrammes researchers need to be acquainted for proposal writing.
- Dr.T.Babayev and Ms.Khalida Melikova (R.I.T.A.) made presentation on finding appropriate calls using Participant Portal of EC, registration of organization and getting PIC, partner search etc. , answered questions.
Before the event R.I.T.A. had announced call for the best project ideas. Authors of the best four ideas are supposed to get support for participation in ETPs Communities meeting - Infoday "Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and European Research Infrastructures (RI) in Horizon 2020" on 10-11 September,2015 in Tbilisi, Georgia. So after the end of the training, researchers presented their project ideas preliminary submitted to R.I.T.A. in 3 groups and discussed them with European experts, who examined ideas, pointed out their strengths and weaknesses. As a result of evaluating the following projects were chosen:
- Fahrad Pashayev, Institute of Control Systems, ANAS – "Development of a decision support system for monitoring of seismic processes with the use of the robust noise technology for processing of seismic-acoustic signals"
- Gulchin Abdullayeva, Institute of Control Systems, ANAS –
- "Developing the intelligent information decision support system of differential diagnostics and monitoring for poisoning by toxic substances (case study of carbon monoxide poisoning)" and
- "Intelligent System of the choice of surgical intervention"
- Emin Guliyev, Absheron Construction - "Development of online trade platform for supporting trade operations of small and medium enterprises from countries-participants"
- Farid Samedov, National Aerospace Agency - "Application of modern space technologies for control of a condition and a choice of optimum routes of laying of the main oil and gas pipelines"