|Project Full Title:||
"Information Technologies to Open Knowledge for Eastern Europe and Central Asia"
|Type of project:||Coordination and Support Action|
Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia and Kazakhstan
|Project Duration:||January 1, 2009 - June 30, 2011 (30 Months)|
|Coordinator:||inno AG (Germany)|
The ISTOK-SOYUZ project, based on the sound outcomes and lessons learnt of the ISTOK.Ru project www.istok-ru.eu implemented in Russia in 2006-2008, expanded the ISTOK experience to the Eastern Europe & Central Asia countries, identifying and promoting visibility of mutual RTD potential and collaboration opportunities.
The project managed to:
- Promote the EU ICT programme, raise awareness about benefits of mutual collaboration;
- Identify potential for R&D ICT collaboration between the European Union and 12 addressed countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia;
- Expand the EU-Russian ICT research community to 4 targeted countries (Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia and Kazakhstan) through the opening of an ISTOK competence platform and implementing pilot actions such as networking & brokerage events and assistance to integration into the European Technology Platforms and Networks of Excellence;
- Provide support to research teams from the targeted countries with the goal of increasing the number of ICT FP7 partnerships between researchers from Europe and targeted countries. The project activities tok place in collaboration with national stakeholders and other relevant co-operation projects in view of exploiting synergies and maximising impact.
The ISTOK-SOYUZ project covered 4 other countries (Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan) by its informational campaign and analysed their R&D ICT collaboration potential with Europe.
- Inno AG (coordinator)– inno, Germany
- Russian Technology Transfer Network – RTTN, Russia
- Institute for System Programming of the Russian – ISPRAS, Russia
- Republican Centre for Technology Transfer – RCTT, Belarus
- Technology Business Incubator "Kharkov Technologies" – TBI, Ukraine
- ICT Educational and Research Center of the Yerevan State University - YSU ICT, Armenia
- Fondation Sophia-Antipolis – FSA, France
- National Innovation Fund – NIF, Kazakhstan