|Project Full Title:||
"Extending ICT research co-operation between the European Union, Eastern Europe and the Southern Caucasus"
|Type of project:||Coordination and Support Action|
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine and Georgia
|Project Duration:||January 1, 2009 - June 30, 2011 (30 Months)|
|Coordinator:||PLANET SA (Greece)|
The EXTEND project addressed the need for enhanced scientific and research co-operation between the EESC countries and the EU, focusing specifically on the Information and Communication Technologies theme of the FP7's Co-operation Programme.
EXTEND aimed to support the ICT research communities in the region by: (a) identifying suitable ICT research actors per country, training them on the procedural aspects of FP7 and providing assistance in developing networks across Europe and (b) defining future ICT research priorities that will enhance co-operation between the EU and EESC countries.
The specific objectives of the EXTEND project were to:
- Identify key ICT research actors (including academic, private IT sector and not-for-profit research actors) in the EESC countries that are suitable for participation in future ICT research activities.
- Develop recommendations on common ICT research priorities proposed for co-operation between the EU and EESC countries, for the period 2010-2015 following consultation with key ICT research stakeholders.
- Provide training on FP7 ICT programme opportunities, procedures and thematic priorities to the identified ICT research actors as well as familiarise them with the European R&D culture.
- Facilitate the development of networks between ICT research actors in EESC and the EU in order to exchange ideas and pursue joint research collaboration.
- PLANET S.A. (coordinator) – PLANET, Greece
- Centre for Industrial Economics and Services – CEIS, Romania
- Information Society Technologies Center - IST-C, Armenia
- Regional Information Technologies Academy - R.I.T.A., Azerbaijan
- Belarusian Institute of System Analysis and Information Support of Scientific and Technical Sphere – BELISA, Belarus
- Academy of Sciences of Moldova – ASM, Moldova
- Kyiv State Centre For Scientific, Technical And Economic Information - NIP UKRAINE, Ukraine
- Georgian Research and Educational Networking Association – GRENA, Georgia